New Mask Regulations as per the CDC and Federal Law:
The Berkshire Regional Transit Authority will:
- board only people who wear masks;
- instruct people that wearing a mask is a requirement of federal law and that not complying with the requirement is a violation of federal law;
- monitor for any person who is not wearing a mask and seek compliance from such a person;
- at the earliest safe opportunity, disembark any person who refuses to comply; and
- notify people of the requirement to make sure they aware of and comply with the requirement to wear a mask.
People are not required to wear a mask under the following circumstance:
- while communicating, for brief periods of time, with a person who is hearing impaired when the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
The following categories of people are exempt from the requirement to wear a mask:
- A child under the age of 2 years;
- A person with a disability who cannot wear a mask, or cannot safely wear a mask, for reasons related to the disability.
Masks are available to those without a mask from the bus operator or at the ITC.