BRTA Advisory Board Approves Service Changes and Efficiencies, effective
September 4, 2018.
The Berkshire Regional Transit Authority (BRTA) Advisory Board voted to the make the following changes to BRTA services effective September 4, 2018.
Effective September 4, 2018, the following changes will occur:
- The bus cash fare will remain the same for both full-fare and reduced-fare individuals. The discount on the Charlie Card will lessen. For full-fare local trips, the Charlie Card fare will go from $1.40 to $1.55 and for full-fare system-wide trips, the Charlie Card fare will go from $3.60 to $4.00. For reduced-fare local trips, the Charlie Card fare will go from $0.70 to $0.75 and for reduced-fare system-wide trips, the Charlie Card fare will go from $1.80 to $2.00. The bus pass prices will remain the same.
- The BRTA Route 21 Express bus from Pittsfield to Great Barrington will only discontinue the 4:30 PM run. Hourly service will still continue on the BRTA Route 2 (Pittsfield to Lee) and on the BRTA Route 21 (Lee to Great Barrington).
- The BRTA Routes 5 (Pittsfield to Lanesborough) and 13 (Linden St to Hancock Rd., Pittsfield) will become a combined route traversing from the ITC in Pittsfield and accessing all current stops of the Routes 5 and 13. At the beginning of the day, the route will start at the ITC, traveling Linden Street to Hancock Road into Lanesborough via state Route 7, turning around at the Mobile Station and returning via state Route 7 to Wahconah Street and arriving at the ITC. Mid-day the route will reverse direction to facilitate the customer’s return trip leaving the ITC via Wahconah Street to Lanesborough to Hancock Road. and Linden Street.
- On Saturdays only, the BRTA Routes 5, 13, 15, and 16 (Pittsfield, Lanesborough, West Pittsfield) will discontinue the 7:35 AM run and the 12:30 PM run.
- The BRTA Route 3S (Williamstown to North Adams) will be discontinued, with the exception of adding the 2:30 PM run to the BRTA Route 3. Hourly service will still continue on the BRTA Route 3 connecting Williamstown to North Adams.
- Non-ADA paratransit service hours will align with the ADA paratransit service hours Monday through Saturday. The updated hours of service will be Monday through Friday 6 AM-7 PM; Saturdays 7 AM-7 PM; and Sundays and Holidays 8 AM-2 PM.
Updated schedules will be released to the public on August 27, 2018 for planning purposes. If you have any questions, please call Operations at (413) 499-2782 #1.